For those of you who are signed up for my monthly art newsletter (sign up on the left hand column), you already got tips on how to clean and organize your creative space. I thought this was a great topic and I wanted share some of the things I put in the newsletter. If you don’t want to miss out on any details and helpful tips, make sure to sign up to the newsletter! Those who are subscribed also received my favorite color palette for this month and my favorite artist rage tutorial from last month.
Here’s a snippet from the newsletter:
Spring is here and it’s time to make room for you and your creative ideas. That means clearing out a place for you to work on your artistic endevors or organizing the space you alredy have. I don’t know about you, but my art space tends to be on the unorganized side. So, I’ve been coming up with ideas on how to keep a cleaner, more organized place to create art! A clean, organize creative space leads to more productivity and less time looking for supplies or a place to work. I hope some of these simple tips help you organize your own creative space this month.
1. Group supplies by “craft categories.”
- Pencils, charcoals, erasers can be found near one another in a place specified for Illustration
- Paintbrushes, paint, mediums can be found near each other in a place specified for painting
- Paper, sketchbooks, and notepads can be found near one another in a place specified for paper.
2. Once you’ve grouped your supplies in categories, then think of fun, creative ways to put them away.
- Decide if you want to put away your supplies in drawers, shelves, or both.
- If you decide to go with drawers, there are special drawer separatoing containers you can buy. They help keep everything in place!
- If you decide to go with shelves, mason jars, cans, and shoe boxes can be a cheap way to keep your supplies organized. Don’t forget to decorate the jars, cans, and shoe box!
3. Share your creative space with me.
- After you clean up, organize, and decorate, I would love for you to tweet me a picture @artistrage of your new creative space! You’ll definitely inspire me and others in the community.
I hope this helps you get in the mood to clean and organize a space so you can get creative and make your masterpieces!