This week is another request and the request is to make a Steve face from the video game Minecraft. I thought it would be fun to paint the Minecraft Steve face instead of drawing him. So, grab your paintbrushes and acrylic paint and lets get started.
You are going to need:
- small paintbrush
- 3 x 3 mini canvas
- black acrylic paint
- white acrylic paint
- raw umber acrylic paint
- burnt umber acrylic paint
- yellow ochre acrylic paint
- cadmium red acrylic paint
- cup of water
- paper towel or rag
TIPS FOR PAINTING MINECRAFT STEVE:
- Before you start painting, make an 8 x 8 grid on your mini 3 x 3 canvas. To do this, you can make each square about 6 centimeters apart.
- When painting the squares, don’t be afraid to get a little messy on the first layer. Clean up is for the next layer. 🙂
- Keep the browns for the hair and the yellow/whites for the skin.
If you would like to buy today’s crafty painting, you can buy it on my etsy store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/loveartistrage (it comes with a mini easel) 😉
I hope you have fun with this weeks art project. If you have any questions, leave them in the comments.
See you next week with a new tutorial,
Artist Rage is a fun art tutorial vlog and community. It’s for any artist who enjoys creating art and not taking it too seriously. I love drawing and painting my favorite characters from movies, videos games, and cartoons. If you have any requests on what you’d like to see me draw, paint, or create… leave a comment on the video!
Don’t forget to subscribe!
Visit the site: http://www.artistrage.com
Google +: https://plus.google.com/u/0/108645474416959485497/
Sign up for the FREE Monthly Art Newsletter on the website at www.ArtistRage.com